'omie's Palabras De La Casa

Mo' Bounce to the Ounce if You Want Some Mo'

Sunday, June 25, 2006

A new toy...

The Boston streets are quite crazy as most people know. One-way roads and detours that lead nowhere are more common than irritantingly drunk Red Sox fans who feel the need to remind me of the 2004 fiasco. Therefore, I've decide to fight back. Not with no Mapquest array or an Frommer's atlas. I purchased a portable GPS unit: the Garmin C320. This badass has a 3.5" screen and a 5-hr lithium battery. It's in full color that doubles as a touchscreen. Since it's built for the car, it comes with a windshield apparatus via a suction cup. The voice has an English accent and is plenty loud. We used it this past weekend for a trip to NJ/NY and outside of one missed turn, it hit our destinations just right. I got a used one for $265 on the eBay but new ones can be had for just over $300. The C320 comes with a 128MB SD card which fits a chunk of states, but I threw in an extra 256MB card, which hooked up most of the NE plus SoCal for my upcoming trip.

Pros: Easy to use, easy to hear, specific directions

Cons: It'd be nice if the screen was a bit larger, why can't the chick talk to me by name? Or speak dirty words into my ear....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ηey Ι know thiѕ is off topic but I wаs wonderіng
if you knew of any widgеts I cоulԁ аdd to mу blog
that autоmаticаllу tweеt my newest twitter updateѕ.
I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

Here is my page :: delicious.com

4:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Palabras De La Casa

Redman's Cribz is chock full of goods "De La Casa." ...Keep the flow flowing

Name:
Location: cambridge, MA

Ask and ye' shall receive