'omie's Palabras De La Casa

Mo' Bounce to the Ounce if You Want Some Mo'

Monday, June 12, 2006

I love me some good eats

Two good restaurants have crossed my dangerous path in the past week or so. So how about we get onto some discussing them

1) Ole Mexican Grill - There is only one reason to go this out-of-the-way joint in out-of-the-way Inman square. say it with me kids: GUAC-A-MO-LE. It is friggin awesome. And I don't normally like it. But my gf and I watched as they made it for us, right at the table. Then we chowed down into two baskets of chips and this phenomenal conconction. Oh yeah, we did have dinner which was decent but overpriced. Also, gf asked if there would be dark meat in her enchiladas - the waitress said no, the enchiladas said yes. So, after work someday or a Saturday afternoon; go here and eat guacamole. And then head around the corner to La Casa Portgual for your real dinner.

2) Giacomo's (South end branch) - I hit this place up with a fellow 'omie and his 'rents. More or less a replica of the famous North End joint, except this one is a little nicer, there's no menu on the wall, and they take reservations. They also serve dessert. The eats were tasty, including the Caesar Salad, Frutti Di Mar with Diavlo sauce, and lemon sorbet. But something about eating Italian food in the South end - it was a bit weird. If you're in the area, go for it. But as a destination place, hit up the North End version.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These were fabulous reviews of these restaurants. Well done.

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grеаt рost. I useԁ tο bе chесking continuouѕlу this
blog and I аm imρrеsѕеd!
Verу useful info specifically the rеmаining section :) I handlе
such infoгmation a lot. I ωas looκіng for thiѕ ρarticular information for a verу
lengthу time. Thank yοu and
good luck.

my weblog :: scidig.Com

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Palabras De La Casa

Redman's Cribz is chock full of goods "De La Casa." ...Keep the flow flowing

Name:
Location: cambridge, MA

Ask and ye' shall receive