'omie's Palabras De La Casa

Mo' Bounce to the Ounce if You Want Some Mo'

Friday, March 16, 2007

Very underrated film

Looking back to 2002, I really enjoyed Drumline. Yeah, it's extremely formulaic. Cocky freshman hot shot thinks he's the next coming, when it comes to marching band drumming. He's then embarrassed by the current hotness, they become best buds, taught a lesson by the instructor, gets the girl, and wins the big game. My man Greten could have easily picked this one.

But the plot isn't what's important. Marching band always seemed like a joke, which was further exaggerated by other films. Drumline, however, makes it extremely exciting. The musical quality of the performers and the visual exuberance is quite the spectacle. Who would've thought they could reproduce Sugar Hill Gang's "Apache" or J5's "Can You Feel It?" so well? Totally worth the Netflix.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha, thanks for the mention. Although I do have a soft spot in my heart for Drumline if only for the drums. Drums rule!

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ωoulԁ уou mind sharing ωhich
blog рlаtfοгm you're working with? I'm going to ѕtаrt my own blog
soon but I'm having a tough time deciding between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs and I'm lоoking fоr sοmething unique.
P.S Mу apologies for being off-topic but Ι had to aѕk!



Reνіeω mу pаge - Http://ensynefo.com/Profile/203961

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Palabras De La Casa

Redman's Cribz is chock full of goods "De La Casa." ...Keep the flow flowing

Name:
Location: cambridge, MA

Ask and ye' shall receive